Thursday, March 25, 2004

A Pauper Had Retail Therapy

I got angry today. I usually try not to because there's too much angst in the world as it is. But I got angry today. I'm not proud of it. When I get mad it's just... I dunno, it's intense. I feel wronged. I brood. I stay really quiet. And then I lash out at people. (There were ten 'I's in that paragraph. How selfish.)

I'm sorry. I'm okay now.

Actually it was shopping-with-Ellen therapy. It's good to browse cosmetics, perfumes, skincare with someone who likes lookin at em as much as I do. She wants to be fairer. I want to be smoother. The saleswomen were very helpful but I just realised a lot of them don't really know what they're talking about. Eg:

Me: So what does it do?
Doll-face: It renews your cell renewal cycle every 28 days.
Me: Yeah, I know, but what does that do?
Doll-face: Your cell cycle is renewed lor.
Me: Oohhh.......Okthankyou.

Yeah, but not all are like that.

And it's fun to shop for groceries with someone who'd join me in buying vege, raw meat, sauces, cheese etc. and not give me weird 'do-you-seriously-need-all-that' looks.

I am tres broke. Help. Am on very tight budget. Can't breathe. Haha. Spent a grand total of $5 today, bus fare inclusive. Not too bad yeah? I'm good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home