Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Music in Me

I was just thinking about this in the bus the other day. And I realised that I love to perform for the sake of performing. For those I love. I hate it when it becomes competitive, like in SYF, or piano exams. I don't deal well with competition pressure, because I always feel that the purpose becomes blurred. And I lose passion. It's also this feeling I have, that I'm never good enough.

I sing because I want to share something with the audience. It's a gift from me to them. It's fun. Like with da pharoahess girls and Jayz for S1E, or when I was in that small hotel on the piano with Ruth, Andi (Swiss Andi, not Indo Andi), Canadian (I forgot your name), Rutvij, Osaku, Peter...

It doesn't matter that they don't know music very well. It doesn't matter that they don't know how difficult it is to glide accurately on pitch. It doesn't matter that they think high notes are easy. All that matters is that they enjoy it. With that, I am more than happy.

And to describe me in genres:
Deep down, I'm a classic rock girl: Led Zep, RHCP(old and new), Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix
When it comes to the soul, I'm a jazz, classical, elven girl: Lisa Ono, Diana Krall, Jones, Mc Ferrin, Gregorian, LOTR
On the surface, I'm urban, and lovin it: 50 cent, Pharrel, Tupac, Usher, Jayz... need I go on?

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
And you know sometimes words have two meanings
In the tree by the brook there's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven


Stairway To Heaven

I'm surprised that guy sang it, and he sang it good. Who is he??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home