Sunday, July 23, 2006

Crossroads in life are supposed to occur when well, when you're at a crossroad in life.

As a 2nd year law student who's barely stepping into my final year (well not for another month and a half or so anyway), I find myself in a very unlikely crossroadish position. I am supposed to be enjoying my second year, looking forward to my final one before I get tossed into the exciting/painful/dogeatdog/insert-your-favourite-adjective-here world.

I'm a Malaysian who spent her teenage years in Singapore (where she met her closest friends), dating an American (who's become her best friend - aside from ma, hi ma!) and is now pursuing a degree and a career in the UK.

Life in the UK has been a huge experience, and I've met so many amazing friends here. I've learnt new things about relationships, about work ethics and politics. I've learnt that it's not always about me. But I've also learnt that to advance in anything else, the first thing is to value myself.

I love my family back home and miss my life as I remember it. I know deep down, that somehow, I was happiest there.

I think the best way to describe how I feel right now is this: I am not sure of my place in this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home