Monday, September 03, 2007

Ebay

It never ceases to tickle me when sellers on ebay use BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE THIS. I feel like they are screaming comically at me - a loudhailer in one hand, their mouths half the size of their head.

And then the icing on the cake: BID WITH CONFIDENCE!!!!


ok



YES I WILL!

What does that mean anyway? Bid with confidence? Do people otherwise bid with low self-esteem? Or a wavering sense of despair? It kinda reminds me of the days back in primary school when we standard 6 girls will be herded into the dewan (hall) and there will be some ceramah motivasi (motivational speech) by some loony speaker who will scream and shout and spit into the microphone and make us repeat after him '5A - saya BOLEH!'

Those were the days. Personally I think most of us girls, even at that impressionable age, agreed that the speech did nothing more than provide temporary comic relief and an excuse to get away from classes and our stern ruler-bearing Math teacher. (No, the ruler was never used for measuring lengths).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home